The ultimate Huon Valley experience only 40 mins from Hobart. Enjoy an informative guided kayak tour on the Huon River including morning tea on the river and followed by lunch and cider tasting in Franklin.
Experience a tranquil journey on tannin rich waters on our Huon River kayak tour. Launching from the historic town of Franklin the Huon River kayak tour travels at a gentle pace around South Egg Island learning about the history of the valley and the importance of the mighty Huon River in its development.
Drift through the historic Egg Island Canal, relax and enjoy some of the best scenery the Huon Valley has to offer. Soak up the beauty as we share morning tea on the river. Returning back to Franklin step back on to dry land and enjoy a delightful lunch and cider tasting at Franks Cider Bar and Café!
Departure and Finish Point
Huon River between Franklin Marine and the Living Boat Trust
Approximately 2 1/2 hours total.
- Comfortable stable kayaks.
- All safety equipment
- Informative and experienced guide
- Morning tea on the river
- Lunch and cider tasting
What to Bring
- Please wear warm comfortable clothing, bring sunhats or beanies appropriate for the weather (often both!).
- Comfortable footwear that can get wet (we try and keep your feet dry but no guarantee!)
- A water bottle and a camera/phone are optional, dry bags can be provided.
- General fitness and mobility are required but you do not need to have any previous kayak experience.
- Basic swimming skills.